ABOUT        WE BELIEVE       SAY HELLO

Jan 12, 2017

A LOVELY, SIMPLE CHRISTMAS


A few random photos from the week leading up to Christmas. I was a little nervous to have our first Christmas at home with our little family of four. I was worried it would be a little lonely since we usually are around tons more family but the holiday was surprisingly wonderful and definitely what my 37 weeks-pregnant-self needed. We kept things low key to eliminate as much stress as possible and it was a huge blessing. I learned a lot about the things that are worth doing and what maybe isn't worth doing and what traditions I want to start next year.

It was hilarious watching Naomi's favorite part of Christmas be throwing away all the wrapping paper and Carter... well that boy could open presents until he was dead! This year, Santa brought Carter a "balance" scooter (that's what Carter calls a scooter with two wheels instead of three) and Naomi a house of blocks. Santa knows his stuff because both gifts have been a hit! 

For me, it's most important that my kids feel the spirit of the true meaning of Christmas while also enjoying the different secular aspects and that after the holiday, we feel closer as a family. That's sort of the whole point right? I want to feel closer to my husband and kids after celebrating the birth of the Savior and feel like our relationships have been strengthened. Celebrating simply really helped us achieve that and made me already antsy for next year!  

No comments:

Post a Comment