ABOUT        WE BELIEVE       SAY HELLO

Jan 15, 2018

NAOMI MEETS SHILOH




Almost exactly one year ago these two sisters met for the first time. The whole ordeal was a little bit of a whirlwind. Carter was rushed to preschool that morning while Shiloh was still asleep. It made me sad that they didn't meet Shiloh together but things got thrown off when the kids weren't allowed in the hospital. (flu season) 

I look at these pictures now and forget how timid Naomi was. I remember feeling really uncertain about how she would react. I'm convinced she thought we brought her home a live doll. Every time Daron would say, "Naomi! Do you want to meet your baby sister?!" Naomi would say, "Dad! I'm the baby!!!!!" hahaha 

It's fun to see how much their relationship has changed since then. These days, Shiloh is already a little pest to Naomi. She will pull her binky out and try and steal her blanket. Naomi will bring stuffed animals, blankets, and books to Shiloh "to help her feel better." Naomi is already a little mom to her. I am constantly catching Naomi feed her. She bites grapes in half and will say, "Mom this big?" My favorite is when Naomi does something nice for Shiloh and I say, "Shiloh say thank you!" and Naomi very passionately says, "No no Mom, she can't say thank you yet. She's too wittle." 

I also catch Shiloh taking in every single thing Naomi does and I mean every single thing... It's crazy how much later children absorb so early on. Thankfully, as of right now, being a little copy cat of Naomi isn't so bad. I'm just so grateful these two have each other.. oh! to have a sister!



No comments:

Post a Comment